Getting a new energy certificate

You need to book a property assessment to get a new:

  • energy performance certificate (EPC)
  • display energy certificate (DEC) for a public building
  • air conditioning inspection certificate and report

Use this service to find a qualified assessor in England, Wales or Northern Ireland.

The cost of an assessment varies by assessor and the size of the property.

This service is also available in Welsh (Cymraeg).
Start now

Before you start

You can check if the property already has a valid energy certificate.

If you need additional support to find an assessor, contact us on, or call our helpdesk on 020 3829 0748 (Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm).

For properties in Scotland, use the Scottish energy certificate service.